The scale doesn’t lie… no matter how much we wish it would.
Diet plans and workouts fall by the wayside, and you wonder what could have been if you’d only seen some success. You tried your best, ate the meals you thought were healthiest and sweated buckets getting your calorie burn.
What went wrong? What could be the missing piece of the puzzle?
We at Healthy Steps Weight Loss Clinics know what it’s like to feel frustrated by failed attempts at weight loss. One thing we’ve learned is that having the right support is crucial to weight loss success, and we’re here to help.
Support comes in various ways, and it can get you where you want to go with your health and weight loss goals.
It’s All in the Numbers
“We rise by lifting others.” American writer Robert Ingersoll accurately diagnosed the essence of supporting one another. Anything done together will take less time, offer a diversity of perspective, provide countless solutions, and above all, help an individual feel accepted.
And perhaps most importantly, it helps to keep us accountable. When we know someone else is counting on us or has an expectation of us, we tend to follow through so we don’t let them down.
Weight loss is no small feat, but you increase your odds of success when you have the support of others who share the same struggles or have expertise in this area. Being part of a support group will give you the extra push and a wealth of knowledge that you need to find what works best for you.
Support is Never Too Far Away
You can find support in so many areas of your life and beyond if you just look. You may even be surprised at the number of people around you ready and willing to support you on your journey. Here are some places you may be able to find that much-needed support:
- Family & Friends – Usually, the first lines of support come from family and friends. Tap into the love these people have for you. After all, they will know you better than anyone else. You’d be surprised at how much of a difference they can make.
- Weight Loss Clinics- Structured weight loss with a clinic can provide a regular location and program for you to be held accountable. A clinic like Healthy Steps provides a knowledgable staff who can be there to guide you on your journey with professional weight loss advice. Plus, our team knows the struggles you are going through, and we have the answers to get you through them.
- Support Groups- Support groups provide a safe place to share personal experiences and feelings, approaches, and information about weight loss. Having someone to rely on who stands by your side through the difficulties will help keep you on track. Plus, this is a great place to meet others who are on a similar path as you.
All You Have to Do is Ask…
Sometimes creating your own support network is the only way to get the support you need—no need to try to fit in where you don’t feel comfortable. Get to work and form your own structure of support. You may be surprised at how easy it is.
- Invite friends and coworkers to join you in your journey by walking with you at lunch or in the evenings. This will instantly give you accountability and something to look forward to each day.
- Start a social media page encouraging others with their goals and sharing information and successes.
- Join a gym and find other like-minded people in exercise classes or throughout the facility who would like to team up and reach goals together.
- Look for opportunities in your community to get out and meet others in the neighborhood. If you feel comfortable, exchange contact information and stay in touch.
Ready, Set, Support
You never know where the best support will come from. Being open to many areas of support will increase the odds for you to find the one that works best for you to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Much like the scale with its strict “moral” holdings, a solid support group will give you the honest feedback you need. This support is crucial to your weight loss success.
Remember, we are better together!
If you are not already a member of Healthy Steps and are looking for solid, informed support, stop into one of our clinics today to get started or contact us to learn more.